Thursday 31 October 2019

Cabbage Capers




It's half term week here, but this is what I'm planning to do when I get back.

I'll get a few red cabbages and give the children time to really investigate them. They could peel back some of the leaves, and then if I cut one or two cabbages open, the students can look at the patterns inside. I might even provide some black paint for them to do cabbage prints (or white paint on black paper) - I'll have to see how we do for time.

I'll give out some colour wheels to help them describe the different shades of red and white on the cabbage and then I'll use the lesson notes above to prime the pupils' creative language.

Finally I'll give out the prompt sheet and ask them to fill in the gaps. They can use those responses as the basis of a poem.

I'll let you know how it goes!
Added: the juice of a red cabbage can stain, so make sure white shirts are protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment