Thursday 17 October 2019

When Emergency Strikes

Many children are off school with a bug at the moment, and the session I'd planned couldn't go ahead. Worse than that, I was feeling ropey myself. But I always carry a pad of coloured paper in my Writing Club bag and a few sheets of sticky jewels.


I asked the children to write the title 'Fun Facts About Me' in the centre of their coloured sheet, then add bits of surprising information such as Future Ambition, Role Model, Motto, Favourite Place, Hidden Talent, and anything else they fancied revealing. I did stress they weren't to disclose anything they weren't comfortable about sharing! They could also include one fib, if they wanted. As they worked using coloured felt tips, I dished out the jewels so they could decorate their efforts. 

Afterwards, they enjoyed sharing their Fun Facts, and we had a good time trying to guess who was fibbing about what.

Sadly I can't show you what they did as our rural internet was down and I couldn't post anything to the website! Definitely one of those days. 

But you can get a long way on a piece of bright card.

No comments:

Post a Comment